Wednesday, May 21, 2014

5th semester, check

west beach
Hey everyone!

I just finished my 4th final and I have one left tonight. This week is always so stressful, but I feel so good now that my envs final is over. I seriously studied 14 days for this exam, and I finally thought I had everything figured out..until I took the exam. I feel like I did good though, so I am crossing my fingers for an A or at least a B!

view from my parents house in Vasteras, Sweden
My roommates are really the best. When I was locked in my room studying yesterday, they cleaned the entire apartment so it was literally shining when I got up this morning! And as I was studying in the library this morning, Louise even cleaned MY room! How awesome is that. Love you both!

me and my nephew holding hands
So now that my last real semester is over at SBCC I feel kind of empty.. I still have summer school left but the though just hit me; that I won't be walking over this campus anymore, eating my favorite wraps, drink my tea and read outside the west campus cafeteria and so on. That is a very weird feeling. I am going to miss it like crazy. All the classes and all the people I have gotten to know during my time here. It's sad. But life goes on and I have plans that I cannot share with all of you just yet..

And I'm going to Sweden next Friday! That is something I really look forward to. The first stop will be at my sister's house in Stockholm to visit my favorite person in the entire world; my nephew! I am beyond excited. California, Sweden and London, all in 10 days..I will really have to plan my time wisely to be able to see everyone!

Me and Louise are celebrating tonight btw, that we made it though our 5th semester and because we will have the best summer ever together in Santa Barbara.
I feel like my life is taking a turn, or I know that it is, and it is something that I did not plan at all, but sometimes life just happens, and leave you with no choice but to do what you have to do.

I am so high on life, and I thank myself daily for pushing myself into coming to SB and to study even though I was older than the average student. I tell everyone all the time that it is never too late to change your life to the better. I believe in following your inner desires because no one wants to live with regret. I feel confident about who I am here and I have noticed significant changes in myself since I left Sweden. I have grown every semester and I am so proud of myself for everything that I've accomplished.

east beach
A special Thanks to my english teacher who taught me more about myself and what I want than anyone has ever done. It's scary to think that I was debating if I should take that eng 111 or public speaking like a week before the semester started, and I was leaning towards taking public speaking.. No one is happier than me that I didn't.

I will post one last time before I leave next Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment