Monday, September 23, 2013

LA weekend and Hamburger cravings..

So this past week just rushed past me! We are in week 5 of the fall semester and the assignments, quizzes and paper dues are rolling in! I feel like I'm in control though, and I feel completely motivated.
I really enjoy my Yoga class that I'm taking mondays and wednesdays at 8 am-9.20am. It really helps me to relax and I have been sleeping better since I started doing yoga. I took a pilates class this spring and I loved it too. These two are great workouts, they work on your body strength and increases your flexibility.

Me and my sister and two of our friends spent the weekend in LA. We stayed at a hotel in Hollywood and we had a blast. We went out to one of the clubs on friday, did some shopping on saturday and then spent the night having an amazing dinner. Sunday morning, we had breakfast at Urth Caffe which was sooo good! Then our friend drove us to the bus station where we took the bus home to SB.






A lot of people from home ask me about the study- and work opportunities that I have as an international student in the U.S. I will try to explain how I am currently planning my future.
This is my 4th semester at SBCC, and I am studying towards my Associates Degree in Marketing. This requires 60 units, where 24 of these units are Marketing classes. The remaining 36 units are picked to fill the general education requirements. This is a link to see the an example of all the general education for an AA degree: http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/files/gereq.pdf

You can also earn the units at SBCC that you need to make a transfer to another school in order to achieve your Bachelors degree, but currently that is not what I am doing. In order to get all the units right, I would recommend seeing one of our student counselor, they are very helpful!

My sister is leaving on wednesday, so I am going to spend the hours when I am not in school or at the Marketing Department, just enjoying her company before she takes off to London again. We are having dinner tomorrow at my absolute favorite hamburger spot: Eureka! located in paseo nuevo, down town. They have the best gourmet hamburgers in town, and the absolute best sweet potato fries in the entire world! Yummie.



No comments:

Post a Comment