Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"When I look at this, I find it hard to believe that it's real"

Week 3 of fall semester is almost over, what happened?! I guess it's like that: time flies when you're having fun! And I am having so much fun right now. All my classes (History 102, Philosophy 100, English 110+120, Yoga, and Gym class) are all really great, and I love all my teachers. They are all pretty tough classes, but I like that because then I know that I will learn a lot this semester.

I am back as an intern at the Marketing Department here at SBCC and I am so grateful that they choose to keep me this semester too. I have this project with all the bloggers to complete and it is a great challenge, to be the "leader" of all the bloggers but it is such a good experience!
It is extra special for me that I get to work as an intern at CC because of the fact that I am an international student. Even though I call my self fluent in english and I have been living here for almost two years now, I still learn new words almost every day at work and in my classes!

My life in Santa Barbara right now is amazing. My sister is here visiting, and obviously she is Swedish too, but she is studying abroad in London so she flew over from London to LAX last wednesday and she is staying for another two weeks which is awesome! I love having her here, because she is my best friend in the whole world, and it feels so good to have a family member close now that I live so far away from home. I took here to my favorite sushi restaurant last friday, Arigato, at State Street. Their Wipeout rolls are to die for if you love cream cheese in sushi as much as we do!

As we were walking down the stairs on west campus on our way DT, she looked at the view over the grass, the beach, the ocean and the mountains and she said:
"When I look at this, I find it hard to believe that it's real"

I know how she feels, because I feel the same way about this town. I love it's beauty and I can't believe that my home is in paradise: Santa Barbara.


The view from West Campus


West Campus



Me and my sister at Arigato Sushi.

Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment