Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First week of fall..and it's hotter than ever!

Being Swedish, I'm used to the different seasons, and the extreme weather changes. We have seasons here in Santa Barbara too, but it's soo different! This week is supposed to be the first week of fall, and it's like 90 degrees outside. That's not fall to me!
Since I have been here for almost 2 years now, I have seen all the seasons change here throughout the year. The way I see it, is that when late fall and winter hits Santa Barbara, it's like the swedish spring. Except for night time, when it can be really cold here in SB.

Anyways. My sister just left me. She took the airbus from Hyatt Hotel that goes straight to LAX for $50, and her plane leaves at 5 pm. I was so sad to see her go! We had 3 amazing weeks together though, we've been to many walks, morning and night time, along the beach, or in my favorite park, Shoreline. We've had so much good food: Sushi at Arigato, Hamburgers at Eureka, Mexican food in LA, the best ceasar salad in town at Natural Cafe to mention a few. I actually heard from my friend that Santa Barbara is the second city after New York to have most restaurants per square mile! I don't know if that's true, but SB do have a lot of restaurants, and amazing one's too!





I mentioned in my last post that I am very into yoga and pilates, and I am actually taking a class here at SBCC this fall that is called PE 149, which is basically a gym class. You have to be at the gym for 36 hours this semester. The gym is really good, and very clean, and they have a lot of great instructors there to help you with different machines etc. I am there about 4 times a week, and I usually run on the treadmill and then use this amazing little green rubber band that you put your legs into, and work your legs in a lot of different ways. I love it. I am very active, and working out is a huge part of my life and my wellbeing.

I try to go on hikes as well but so far I have only done two. Inspiration point and seven falls. I think me and my roommates took a few wrong turns along the way but we got to see amazing views, and we got a great leg workout. The last one we did was on my birthday in August.




Another thing I love to do is shop. I would consider my self a shopaholic, for sure. I love walking down state street and visit all my favorite stores. Urban Outfitters, Victorias Secret, Sephora, Forever 21..and many more. I usually take a break at Starbucks to get my favorite skinny vanilla latte (with 2 pumps of vanilla) or their chocolate smoothie with protein powder and banana, yuuuum.




Have a great week everyone! And please, feel free to make a comment if you have any questions about SBCC, Santa Barbara or about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment