Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Productivity

I have gotten to know my self really well since I went back to school 2 years ago. When I was in the "Gymnasium" (what high school is called in Sweden), I wasn't really motivated. I had no idea what I wanted to do in life and school was basically just something that I had to get through, I didn't appreciate learning like I do today. After graduating from the Gymnasium called Rudbeckianska in my hometown, I started working in retail.
    


 I started off at a shoe store where I got full time and got to go with the owner of the store on different trips to decide what shoes we were going to purchase for the upcoming seasons etc. She also let me handle all the contact with the foreign companies since she wasn't comfortable speaking english. I learned at this stage in my life that I felt really good when I got the feeling I was needed, that my opinion and my skills counts. Several years later I found myself store manager of a huge clothing company, and when I didn't see that job as a challenge anymore, I went back to school. In an entirely different country. Which is scary to a lot of people.
One of my study sessions at Starbucks.


What I am trying to say is that I love challenges, and I love to be productive! One of my favorite things is to have a list of stuff that I need to do at work at to just check it off as the day goes by. The feeling I get when I leave my desk at the end of the day with all the stuff checked off my list, is a great feeling. I know that I contributed, and that what I do is valuable. 

This weekend was such a good one. I went to the Phi Theta Kappa Induction Ceremony on Friday, and it was really nice. We got coffee, croissants, cheese, grapes and cute little cupcakes. I went there with my friend Linda who was also inducted, but we saw a lot of familiar faces that night. I spotted my fellow blogger Helena from far too! There were a lot of students that were inducted, which is great! 

I spent saturday at the beach, and then dinner at SandBar on State Street before we went to see the movie "Don Jon" at the Paseo Nuevo Theatre. It was an..interesting movie, haha. We laughed a lot! And the gorgeous Scarlet Johansen did a great job in that movie, I love her. Sunday was spent studying and writing papers! 

Now that week 6 has started, I can't believe its only 10 weeks left of the semester.



1 comment:

  1. SBCC is the most amazing place in the world. I am from Stockholm and went to SBCC for 3.5 years starting in 1996. I despised gymnasium in Sweden and planned to study marketing in the US but ended up transferring to UCLA, from where I graduated in 2002 with a BA in Economics and Minors in Mathematics and Political Science.

    Say hello to Dr. Solberg, Dr. Eskandari and Dr. Haslund! I see they are still there.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete