Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy thoughts - Happy life

I sat and talked to my roommate Louise last night, while watching How I Met Your Mother and eating chicken with ranch dressing, about how I never experience the all known "Sunday anxiety". I used to  feel it when I was back in Sweden and wasn't completely satisfied with the situation I was in, but since I moved to SB I can't wait for the school weeks to begin.
This is probably because I love learning, and I love to stay busy doing things that I know are going to benefit me in the long run. My classes gives me a new perspective on things, and my internship teaches me about the career I want to pursue. I have grown so much since I started to educate myself and it's something that I am truly valuing.

I also believe in the power of positive thinking. You are the one who decides how you feel about every aspect of your life. It is really hard to turn a negative situation around and see it in a different light, it is something that needs practice but it is crucial for your happiness. 



This weekend started off with a roomie dinner on Friday night. We made mashed sweet potatoes, cheese layered chicken in the oven, avocado salad, pastry and blackberry jelly. It was sooo good and we ate a lot, so much that one of us looked like she was 6 months pregnant haha. 
I got a lot of school work done too and I worked out at the school gym friday and saturday. On saturday night me and Louise decided to hit the bar scene with our danish friend Kirstine. So we started out in the funk zone, but Seven was too crowded, and we weren't really feeling Reds either so we walked down to Cadiz, which is one of my favorite bars in Santa Barbara and it was crowded as usual. We always meet people we know and have a good time there. 
After that, we went to Eos and then ended our evening at Tonic. We had a lot of fun and since we came home pretty late we allowed ourselves to sleep in on Sunday.

This morning, I jumped out of bed at 6.30 am and took a 1 hour walk. It is kind of cold but so refreshing outside at that hour so I love waking up and get energized by a morning walk before my classes.
My yoga class this morning was held outside at the stadium. It was really awesome practicing yoga and breathing the fresh air. I really loved it. 

My next post will be about housing in SB, and how you as an international student can look up housing from your home country before you come to SB. Please, write me a comment if you have any specific questions about housing in SB!


No comments:

Post a Comment