Monday, October 28, 2013

It's Monday alright

I woke up this morning and I felt a bit low. Santa Barbara must have had a little storm visiting last night because my window made banging sounds like it was about to break, and that woke me up several times. Anyways, when I woke up I took my morning walk as usual and I always meet the same people in Shoreline Park, so we always greet each other by saying Good Morning or just exchange smiles. That instantly makes me happier. My yoga class at 8 am contributed to more energy as well and by 10 am I was feeling really good.

I don't know where the low feeling came from this morning but I guess it's just a mix of tiredness, school stress and my over thinking that's haunting my head. The trick to always waking upp happy though, is to go to bed with happy thoughts! It really works, believe me. I must have had some pretty bad thoughts in my head before I fell asleep last night. Not making that mistake tonight!

The weekend was good, and I had a lot of time to think about what I want to do in the future and we cruised around a lot in the car that I rented.
I have to tell you about the coolest breakfast and lunch place in Santa Barbara; We went to The Shop Cafe  located on Milpas St on Friday. You order from a counter and there are tables where you can sit inside or outside. You kind off get the feeling that you are in someone's house, not at a restaurant or cafe. I had the best damn oatmeal (that's the actual name of the oatmeal) and it was delicious. Their prices are super good too! This is a must go for all of you. I loved it. http://www.shopcafesb.com/

Saturday night started at Arch Rock at Anacapa St, to have dinner and celebrate Erika's 25th birthday. I had chicken with mashed potatoes and mushrooms and it was sooo good! It was me Erika, Louise and Kirstine. We had conversations about crazy hilarious dreams and we laughed a lot. The night continued at Cadiz and then Tonic. Good night overall!


Oh, and last Thursday me and my teammates did great on our debate! I would never have thought it would be so much fun debating. I really got in to it and almost got mad at the other team for real, haha. We won the debate though and I am looking forward to seeing a new debate tomorrow in class.

Have a great day everyone! I am spending my afternoon at the big Starbucks on State Street to finish one paper and start another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment