Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The value of Education

Hey guys,


It's a very energetic, happy and excited Malena sitting at her desk today! Who would have known that you can feel so good about yourself just by learning new things and experience something new.

Before I started at SBCC, I wasn't to excited about the idea of going back to school. I believed in the power of working your way up to higher positions and I still do, although, the value of education according to me, is not just the degree and your GPA on a piece of paper, it is the changes that happen within you.




An education does not mean sitting through classes and manage to get an OK grade, it is all about your attitude towards it. I have grown and learned a lot not just from my classes but from inspiring teachers and classmates too. I have met so many people at this college that have touched me in some way and that I have learned from. Think about it, you are fortunate enough to go to a school where over 20.000 completely different people with totally different lives come every day with the same goal as you, to get an education, and to grow as a human being. Use the opportunity you have to talk to new people and learn from them.

I am really taking advantage of every opportunity I get, and right now I am so excited because things are really starting to happen for me!



This weekend that is coming up, we are welcoming our friend Erika who will arrive from San Francisco on Thursday morning! I really look forward to spending time with her, she is hilarious. My roommate Louise and Erika are going to Universal Studios on Thursday night for a "horror night" where you get chased by zombies and ghosts and all kinds of scary things. I am honestly too scared to go, but I think it could be a lot of fun for the ones who actually like that stuff! There will be horror nights at Universal until November 2nd.

This week in school is a pretty stressful one where I have had one midterm in Philosophy , I have one paper draft due for History, a debate in my English class and I have an important personal meeting tomorrow morning. And even though I feel stressed right now, I know that no feeling is better than the one I will have inside on Thursday afternoon when this week is over!

Have a great week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment