Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Here is my life.

When I try to describe my life in Santa Barbara to all my friends and my family back home, it's really hard to do. Every time I come home between the semesters, everyone keep saying: "Tell us EVERYTHING!" Well, that's kind of hard to do. But I will try to explain a typical week in my Santa Barbara life.

First of all, I am a complete morning person. So yoga class monday morning between 8-9.20 am is perfect for me. I love starting the week with a good workout so after yoga class, I walk back home (I live on Oceano Avenue which is located right next to SBCC so walking home takes just a few minutes) and I drink my protein shake and a big cup of coffee before I take a 45 minute walk and then head straight to the school gym until about 12ish. After that I go home to take a shower and go to work at the Marketing Department between 1pm-4pm.
That's what my Mondays and Wednesdays are like. They fly by, I'll tell you.

 Tuesdays and Thursdays usually start with a morning walk before my 3 classes in a row. I have History 102, Philosophy 100 and English 110 and 120 between 9.35 and 2.05. So these days go by really fast too.




My afternoons during the week are usually spent studying at home, having dinner at our place and watch some of my favorite series. Right now, I'm hooked on "Sons of Anarchy" and I am completely in love with Jax, just saying.

 The weekends usually include the beach, studying, working out, going DT to one of all the great bars (always end up at Tonic though) having dinner somewhere, shopping maybe, and just enjoying the free time. The great thing about studying at SBCC is that you can pretty much make your own schedule because most of the classes are available at many different times and different days of the week. So I have never had a class on a Friday since I started at CC, which means that my weekends are just as long as my school weeks. I love it.


 My roommates and me

This Monday was slightly different from my regular Mondays though. My roommate got really sick on Sunday night from food poisoning so after an entire Monday in bed, cramping and feeling really sick, she had to go to the Emergency Room at Cottage Hospital (which is about a 10 minute drive from our place). Since we don't have a car and I had never been to the ER in SB before, I called my supervisor Melanie at the Marketing Department and asked her what we should do. This angel named Melanie came and picked us up, drove us to the ER, stayed and made sure that my roommate got in to see a doctor, and when we realized that I wouldn't be home until really late that night, Melanie took me home to grab my computer and some books, then took me back so I could sit at the ER and finish my paper that was due on Tuesday. My supervisor Karen also called to make sure that we were OK.
I am so happy to be surrounded by such amazing people, who help each other out like that.
I got up really early on Tuesday to buy Melanie flowers, a card and chocolate as a Thank you gesture. That was the least I could do! My roommate is fine now, and everything is good. I just wanted to share this experience with you all, and let you know that there are some incredible people in this town and I get to work with them! How lucky am I...


No comments:

Post a Comment