Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Busy weekend coming up!

Today is Wednesday and for me this is kind of like the calm before the storm. This weekend will be packed with so much fun stuff, I can't wait! I will be busy from tomorrow morning at 9.35 until Sunday morning, and then I have to study all day Sunday. One entire 6-7 page research paper needs to be done that day, and even though I feel like there is a lot to do for school right now, it's just 5 weeks left! That is  c r a z y. I say it every semester, but this one has to be the fastest one ever. I mean, we just started?! Well, this is a good thing because I am actually really looking forward to my visit in Sweden over Christmas now.

Starting tomorrow, we are going to host a Halloween Party at our place and then go DT to see all the dressed up people and have a good time. We have to choose wisely were we choose to go tomorrow night because that place is going to be where we have to stay all night, since all of the bars will fill up at 10 pm.
We have decorated our place with Halloween stuff and we are super excited! I love Halloween. I will take pictures of me and my matching roommate Louise in our pretty costumes and put up after the weekend.

Now to something I just heard about, it's "Open Streets" in Santa Barbara! This Saturday, Cabrillo Blvd will close down all the traffic and put up all kinds of fun activities! This will go on from 10 am to 4 pm and I will definitely be there. Some of the activities are; yoga, pilates, kickboxing, art exhibits, health screenings, music performances, street performers and much more. It's a perfect thing to attend on a Saturday.

www.sbopenstreets.org


And one thing that I thought about that i want to share with you all is; Look for activities, clubs and organizations to get involved with at SBCC! I remember what a teacher told me last semester, he said: "Universities and Employers don't look at your GPA and Degree anymore, since there are so many people with college educations nowadays. What they look at are internships that you have completed while in college." He recommended us all to get an internship while still in school.
And it is a known fact that it really boosts your resume to have any kind of volunteer work, memberships in school clubs and to be a part of the Student Ambassadors etc. That is something to think about that will benefit you.

It is really getting colder here in SB now btw! And the other day when me and Louise had been to Starbucks and studied, we stepped out and it was raining! And we got all excited and happy! How crazy is that. It's just that we miss the fall feelings you get in Sweden, where it's dark and chilly and you can stay inside under a blanket, drinking tea and light some candles.


Sunrise, from one of my early morning walks. Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment