Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sweater Weather!

Fall made it to Santa Barbara, for real, yesterday. The fact that I can now walk around in jeans and a sweater without dying of heat is amazing.  I really love fall, it's a great period for new beginnings. 
The one negative thing about fall, is that it's flu season. My throat is a bit sore right now so I am resting from my usual workouts today. 
I just came from a very interesting meeting a few hours ago, that really set my mind in to motion. I wish I could tell you more about it but I can't right now. The picture is me in front of the Moreton Bay Fig Tree which is located by the train station is SB. It is the biggest, coolest tree I have ever seen. Apparently it is number 20 on the list of top attractions in Santa Barbara. 



I am discovering as an intern in social media that it is not about completing the tasks you are handed at work, it is about going above and beyond the task you are given. Honestly, I just realized this like a month ago. Since then, I try to put that little bit of extra effort in to everything I do. Put a thought in to what I do. What do I want to accomplish by doing this? And I also use a lot of my free time researching  new things.



And this time of the semester I'm starting to plan for the upcoming spring semester, what classes I will take. I only have one class plus lab that I need to complete my AA degree so I have 9 units to fill with 3 classes that I think will be good for me. I have already decided to take Public Speaking with Cameron Sublett, who is one of the best professors I have been fortunate to have. Prof Sublett is one of the few who's lectures I have felt truly inspired by every single class. I took his Communication 101 class last semester and I learned so so much about my self and about how to understand others. 

I went down to Chapala street to rent a car at Enterprise yesterday. I needed a car to be able to go to my meeting this morning at 7.30 am, and also because Louise and Erika are driving down to LA tomorrow, so they can use it. I absolutely LOVE driving. I could easily drive for hours with my favorite music on really loud and just think about life. So if you know someone who is selling a car in the SB area, let me know!

I would like to try something for this blog post. I want YOU to comment (anonymous if you'd like) and just type one sentence or just one word about why you read my blog. You could be one of my family members, one of my friends, acquaintances, or someone that just found this blog through SBCC's website or the Blog website, it doesn't matter, I want YOU to leave a mark. That would make my day!




Oh, and we are preparing for Halloween at our apartment right now. We are buying decorations and planning a fun party..

3 comments:

  1. Hej Malena!
    I'm coming to study to SBCC for the spring 2014 and I'm so excited that I want to know everything already about my becoming school. :)
    Your blog är jättebra! Har lustig i SB! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Good luck to you :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Vi ses! :)

      Delete