Monday, March 10, 2014

The importance of de-stressing

We all stress to a certain point, and it's inner and outer stress. Stress made me ill last semester and it is doing something to me this semester too. I do everything in my power to de-stress, and I have that as my personal goal this semester.
I have started meditating as a part of this and even though it helps to to relax in that moment, I still stress a lot. There is a war in my mind constantly and as much as I would love to NOT live in the future all the time, that's exactly what I do.

This is what's going on in my mind right now at this very moment:
-Keep track of the bloggers,
-Get my midterm back in envs
-Do I have any food to cook tonight?
-Will I get any sleep tonight, since I have nightmares that wake me up every single night
-Will I be able to do my best at the gym tomorrow morning before my 11 am class
- Start writing my english essay
-Finish my PR homework for wednesday
-Finish the 150 pages of my english book
-Grocery shop, when?
-Will I have enough money to go to coachella?
-Will I get to work this summer in Sweden?
-When will I have time to get a tan?

Stupid isn't it? I know the tools, I know that I have to live in the present and focus on what is going on right NOW, and right now, I am comfortable at my desk, blogging.

Beautiful spot I pass before entering my gym
The thing is that before last semester that I got it on paper that stress made me very sick, I didn't think that it was that serious. What can a little stress do to you? Well, apparently a lot.
That is why it is so important to listen to your body. I am doing that right now, and I am going straight to the cafeteria now before class to get a big bottle of water and breathe, count to ten and then focus on getting the midterm back.

I love going to the gym too when I feel stressed, because you can let everything out, and when I run or do something else at the gym, that is all I can think about.

I have spring break and my moms visit to look forward to, and that helps me to get through the days! No stress when you are here mom :)

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment