Friday, February 7, 2014

Spread the love!

One of the things I really love about SBCC is the view.
I am high on life right now. I feel so good about my classes, my internship, my roommates, my friends, this town..etc etc. Even though I sometimes feel like I am overwhelmed by all the studying and working that I need to do this semester, I notice that staying occupied with learning and develop through my internship is what I LOVE. Honestly, I love learning! I already got to use one of my ideas that I got in my Public Relations class for my internship, and we are doing a little social media contest for Valentines Day. I am so excited.

The contest will be on Instagram, and you will post "What I love about SBCC" and use the hashtag #sbcclove . We will choose a winning picture on Thursday February 13th and the winners picture will be posted on our official facebook page on Valentines Day! The SBCC facebook page currently has almost 17 000 followers so the winning picture will be seen by a lot of people!

This is the end of week two by the way, and this week went by faster than ever. It's weird thinking that Spring Break is only 6 weeks away, and I can't wait for it because my mom in visiting me from Sweden during that break!
I decided I didn't want to leave SB for spring break like most of the students do, because I need to hold on to my money. So me and my mom will have our own vacation here in SB which is perfect.


What else is going on..Me and my roommates are going to IKEA in Burbank on Sunday, and that will be fun. Although I will not be getting stuff for myself, I should actually try to get rid of stuff instead since I am leaving SB pretty soon. But, I look forward to eat meatballs and buy some other swedish food in their store.

And I just wanna throw in a little tip, if you want to work out at a gym that is not too expensive, you should really check out 24 hour fitness down on State Street. It's not super fancy or anything but it has all the stuff you need, and I am in love with their yoga and pilates classes!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hejsan! Klickade mig precis in på din blogg och blev genast lite nyfiken då jag själv varit lite sugen på att någon gång studera på SBCC! (varnar för många frågor haha)
    Vad läser du för program?
    Hur gammal var du när du åkte iväg? Vad rekommenderar du för ålder för att åka?
    Vad har du för typ av boende, och var rekommenderar du för boende?
    Var det svårt till en början under lektionerna med förståelse av engelskan?
    Hur mycket kostar det att studera?
    Är det i princip ett måste att ha extra jobb vid sidan av studierna för att kunna lev där?

    Hoppas du har tid och lust att svara på dessa frågor skulle verkligen uppskattas!

    / Rebecka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Rebecka! Va roligt att du skriver :)
    Jag skulle fran borjan bara vara borta 1 termin och lasa lite blandade kurser, men jag bestamde mig ganska snabbt pa plats att jag ville inrikta mig pa marknadsföring, och stanna kvar i SB ett tag.
    Jag tog mitt marketing certificate efter 2 terminer och kommer denna termin att fa min AA degree i Marketing.
    Jag var 26 ar gammal nar jag kom hit vilket gjorde att jag ar bland dom aldsta pa skolan, dom flesta ar mellan 18-23 skulle jag saga.
    Jag har bott pa olika stallen sen jag flyttade hit, det lattaste ar att soka boende via craigslist och att aven lagga ut en annons dar att du soker boende och roommates! Manga bor runt skolan, the mesa, Down Town eller ute i Isla Vista.
    Studerar du fulltid sa kostar det ca 3800 dollar, men det tacker csn. Jag jobbar extra som marketing intern men det ar valdigt ovanligt att jobba extra vid sidan om som internationell student, du far faktiskt inte ens jobba, forutom pa skolan (i cafeterian, bookstore etc) och det far du gora forst din andra termin pa SBCC.
    Hor garna av dig om du har fler fragor :)

    Malena

    ReplyDelete