Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving week

This is a busy time for us students at SBCC, since it is only 3 weeks left of this semester. Actually just 2 weeks of lectures, since the last week is all about the finals.
I am kind of lucky this semester because I only have 2 in class finals; Philosophy, 100 question scantron and History, 50 question scantron plus bluebook written assignments. In my english 110 class, I need to revise one of my former essays and turn it in by the end of finals week. And in yoga, there's one essay about my fitness improvements that is due the week before finals. So it is not to bad actually!

This week is Thanksgiving week, so we have Thursday off! Many of the American students are leaving SB to go celebrate with their families, and us international students gather up with friends and make our own Thanksgiving celebration, which we prefer to call Friendsgiving, isn't that a cute name. This year we're going to dinner at The French Table on E Anapamu. I love that restaurant, it is super cozy. They will have a Thanksgiving menu in a "candle light atmosphere" as they choose to call it. I'm excited!

And since we have Thursday off and don't have to study, me and my wonderful friends Louise and Kirstine are going to see the new Hunger Games movie on Wednesday night. I love the first one I have probably seen it about 6 times or something, so I can't wait to see the second one.
Movie theaters are different here than back in Sweden too. The seats are way more comfortable, they are bigger, and you get to choose your own seat as you walk in. (In Sweden, you get reserved seats)

At the gym.
This past week was a good one, I got a lot of things done and I had plenty of time doing what I love the most, Work Out! Since I partnered up with Kirstine who also works out at 24 hour fitness, I've really stepped up in building more muscles. We are doing Body pump, Body Combat and Bootcamp classes and I am pretty much sore in my muscles every single day, and I love it! My body feels great.
We did measurements in my yoga class this morning too and omg, I am so much stronger now than in the beginning of the semester! And my balance improved from below standard to above standard. That's awesome.





Louise and the car.
Oh, and some good news for us; we have a car now! We got to take care of Louises friend Anas car. She is out traveling the world and won't be back until April so we are super lucky!

Have a great week everyone, and don't forget to be grateful!









No comments:

Post a Comment