Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Who's stressing?!


I would like to think that I stress less nowadays than I use to do when I first got back to school, but this past week I have been noticing my usual "stress signs". These signals that my body is sending me when I am stressed are not psychological, but physical. My stomach starts cramping when I eat, I wake up several times in the middle of the night, and I feel super tense. It's only 4 weeks left of school but this is usually the time when you stress the most. It's like when you have been on a road trip and you're on your way home, and you have been in the car for like 6 hours and been totally fine but when there's 30 minutes left you almost panic because you just want to get home Right Now. Am I the only one who feels like that?


Coachella 2013
Well, since I only have so much time left in SB this year (can't believe it's almost 2014) I want to be able to do some fun stuff too, not just study. One of the things I need to do is go to Camarillo Outlets, which is about a 45 minute drive south. They have so many stores with reduced prices. I need to get some new workout stuff, a new pair of UGGs, christmas gifts for my family and just some shopping in general. I have only been there once actually, and that was in April this year when me and my friend Elvira was on our way to Coachella. I realized that I had forgotten to pack a bikini so we made a quick stop at Camarillo and got me one at Forever 21. Lifesaver.


Coachella 2013






Speaking of Coachella, I need to go there next year as well. It was the most amazing weekend! We saw about 30 different bands and DJs I think and we were just high on life. 
I think living in Santa Barbara makes it easy to go places. If you are driving, you have about 6 hours to San Francisco, 6 hours to Las Vegas, 1 1/2 hour to LA, 3 1/2 hour away from San Diego and about 4 hours away from Palm Springs and Coachella. Considering traffic of course.




I have been on many road trips since I moved here, all of the above included. California is truly amazing! 


Oh, and before I have to run off to a meeting with my Philosophy professor, I need to tell you about one of the best movies I have ever seen: About Time. I am not going to spoil the movie by trying to explain what it's about, just see it. I cried for about an hour afterwards because of how much I missed my family back in Sweden. Luckily, when I got home around 12.30 am Saturday night after seeing it, my mom was awake in Sweden so we could Skype. There is nothing you want more then talking to your mom or a loved one when you are crying, right?




Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment