Thursday, April 10, 2014

10.000 pageviews

Hey!
Santa Barbara pier
I just reached 10.000 page views which I think is pretty fun! And I am getting comments: different opinions and what readers want me to blog about. One person thought I should show more pictures of where I live and SB in general, and another one wondered about the marketing program at SBCC. So I will dedicate this blogpost to you guys.
Shoreline park which is a 2 minute walk from my house

First of all, the place where I live now is my third apartment since I moved here in Jan 2012. I actually lived on the same street my very first semester, then DT at Anapamu street before I ended up back on Oceano again. I literally have SBCC as my neighbor, takes me about 1 minute to walk to my desk in the BC building, so this location is awesome. Plus, I see the ocean from our front door.
Santa Barbara really is a beautiful place. The views still takes my breath away! And all the restaurants, cafes, shops, Paseo Nuevo (an "outdoor mall") and the entire State Street DT is so pretty! I like DT Santa Barbara because it's so cute. It's really cozy.
State Street
Now to studying marketing at SBCC. I have really enjoyed taking marketing here! I have taken every single marketing class that this college offers. (even though that is not required for the marketing certificate or the AA) I did it because I wanted to. Go to this link: http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/files/cert/mkt.pdf to find out what classes you need for the certificate, and this link http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/files/aa_as/mkt.pdf  to know what classes you need for the AA degree.
our campus
What is both good and bad, is that when you take a lot of different marketing classes, some of the content will be similar to other classes you take, although they are completely different.
the bridge between east and west campus
I like that marketing is such a broad major. I will continue my career in sales and I have learned so much about it it for example in Marketing 120, Relationship Selling, MKT 125 Customer Service and in MKT 205, Consumer selling strategies. If you are into PR, I am taking a great PR class right now, and if you are into marketing strategies and "commercials" I loved the class MKT 203 Marketing Communications. So there are a lot of ways you can make a career in marketing! And the classes provided at SBCC are really good, I have learned a lot.
A good thing is always to have good relationships with your teachers, look at me: I got recommended by one of my teachers for this internship!



 Tomorrow is our annual Spring preview day, so I will be working with my new marketing partner Gabe at the event, taking pictures. I hope the weather will be good! We have a weird fog for a few days, but hopefully it's gone tomorrow. Happy Thursday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Malena, congratulation for your blog it's very inspiring! I'm planning on attending SBCC this fall, and I will be an international student too, so I wanted to ask you something particular about the application process, because I couldn't get this info from the school: how did you did with your transcript from your English courses, how did you legalize them? what I have are only the degrees and I am not very sure about the procedure to legalize them, because in the web page it says "official transcripts". I wish you could help me since you are an international student too and you'd been through it! Thank you!! Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria! If I got it right, you were asking how I translated my english grade from high school?
    What I did was to talk to my school and they translated the entire grade sheet for me! That is what SBCC wants you to do! That is what they mean by your transcript, at least it was when I applied :) I hope you find this helpful! Let me know if you are concerned about anything else.
    Malena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Malena, thank you for your answer! As the school ask me my most recent English program transcript, and in my case I have the First Certificate in English from University of Cambridge, I was wondering if that diploma has to be signed by a public notary, and if it was enough just with that. Thank you again!! :)

      Delete