Monday, April 7, 2014

The countdown has begun

Hello Monday and week 10 (I think?) of spring semester! I am certainly back in to my old routines after spring break and I studied a lot this weekend. Although on Thursday, I went to LA and stayed at Le Montrose Suite Hotel in West Hollywood and it was really great. They had a rooftop pool and a tennis court, and the room was really big and had a fireplace.

not the best pic, but view from the rooftop

I will try to focus on school now though, and just enjoy my last weeks in Santa Barbara. I love it so much, but at the same time I feel like I am ready to leave. I look forward to a new phase in my life and I am ready for it. So the countdown has begun, I'm coming HOME in 8 weeks! But I will certainly look for a small house or apartment in or around SB as a vacation home in the future!

I didn't get sick this entire winter but my time came now.. I've been feeling pain in my chest while running, and it has only been getting worse. So this morning i woke up and had a sore throat, chest pain and just really tired. I am in school and at work though, so I'm fine, but I just hope it'll go away so I can workout again.

the room
I turned in my essay in english 111 this morning, that I worked really hard on. It was about the hero's journey that I wrote about before. And morning was a special morning in that class too, since we made a big circle of all of our desks so we could all se each other instead of just sitting in lines. I like that because you feel like you interact more with everyone, and honestly, I saw faces of people in my class today that I have never seen! I always, always sit in the very front of all my classes, so I never even see the people behind me. That is so sad to me. All the classrooms should have a big circle of desks!

Anyways, time for a blog meeting now. Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's time for you to grow up.. 28 years and going to SBCC? For real? The queen of the school? Skämt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended SBCC when I had just turned 26, so yes I am older than the average SBCC student (Although there are a lot of people, american and other international students who are over 25 and attend SBCC that you just haven't met)
    Going back to school was growing up for me. I take school very seriously and I know that I wouldn't have done that if I had attended when I was 20.
    And I guess the part where you call me "the queen of the school" is your opinion, I certainly do not have that opinion about myself, so I will have to take that as a compliment!
    Thank you for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete